cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get header & footer from each page in a word document.

ManoharaM
Level 3
Hi All,

I have a requirement to extract header & footer from each page in a word document. The output can be in excel or collection -> Column A (page number), Column B (header), Column C (footer).

These words are converted from PDF. So we want to get the header & footer value for each page.

Thanks
Manohar

------------------------------
Manohara M
Senior Project Engineer
Wipro Technologies
Asia/Kolkata
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Manohara M

I will create you a guide of how to achieve this:

You will need to use these two DX Assets:

MS Word -> https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/ms-word-vbo
MS Excel -> https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/ms-excel-vbo

And step by step:

1.- Open the Word File with the MS Word's VBO. (You have a guide of how to do this in the DX Asset page.)
2.- Use the Action "Count Number of Sections" to know how mane sections that you have. Create a loop to count from 1 to the total number of sections.
3.- In the loop, you must call the Action "Get Footer Text" and "Get Header Text".
3.1.- Save the information in a collection with the same format that you want to see in the Excel.
4.- When you finish the loop, open de Excel File (or create new one) using the MS Excel's VBO (You have a complete guide in the DX Assets page).
5.- Use the Action Create Worksheet to create a new sheet in the Excel File.
5.- And finally, ue the Action Write Collection to put the info from the Collection that you populate before inside the Excel.

Hope this helps you!

See you in the community, bye 🙂

Pablo Sarabia
Architect
Altamira Assets Management
Madrid

Hi Pablo,

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation!

I will try this and get back if I have any questions.

Regards,
Manohar

Manohara M
Senior Project Engineer
Wipro Technologies
Asia/Kolkata