cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get the list into collection in chrome, BP6.8

Miya
Level 5
Hi ,
I have camp list where the names are 1 by 1 in a webpage and scroll down bar is used to move the camp names which are not in the page. Currently i am using the web path variable with counter to move down and move to the down screen i am using click and focus to move the scroll bar, this is taking around 30 mins to select the name in the down of the screen.

Can some one suggest is there any other way to get the required camp name. FYI out of 1000 camp names i just need to click on the 1 name and all this are arranged in alphabetical order

------------------------------
Miya
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Miya,

In case you want to increase the speed with your current solution, just check if you have disabled your logs for the stages in use. They will significantly improve the speed since you must be using those actions in some kind of a closed loop. Second thing, to check would be if you are using any unnecessary anchor stages which you can remove in such a way that your solution workflow remains the same.

In case your speed still doesn't improves much, my suggestion would be to try with a custom Javascript fragment which you can invoke within your web page. In this specific JavaScript code you can define the input parameter as the name of the camp where you want to click and in the script code you can identify based on that name which is element that you want to perform a click operation on using .click() function.

There is also a third approach you can try for in case you are not comfortable with Javascript, however it is near hit and miss kind of an approach. You can try to get the entire web page source code or the HTML for that table with the scroller and then once you get the HTML code for it, try to parse that XML into a collection using 'Utility-XML' VBO. The usage of actions will largely depend on your XML schema so I can't really comment on what combination of actions you can use. But you can try to figure that out for yourself once you are able to get the schema. Thing to note is if you see that you are only getting the visible elements because of that scroller then you might need to define a logic where you first get the XML and parse it to a collection and if your defined camp name is not available on that collection, you scroll the area down for 'x' times, note the count of all elements you scrolled and then again repeat the process until you get the link having the camp name you provided. Once you get the desired element, note the count value considering all the prior counts as well and then pass that to your path attribute while performing that click operation.

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you and if it resolves you query please mark it as the best answer so that others having the same problem can track the answer easily

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant
Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Miya,

Based on how you have designed your interaction so far, I would first like to understand if the entirety of the camp list is present on the page when it is loaded initially. There is a technique in HTML called lazy loading, which only loads additional web elements onto the page when user has reached the end of the list. This itself would drive how you devise your approach. If lazy loading is present, you can do little about it but to use scroll down or page down button to reveal additional web elements until you have found the element.

After having made the element onto the page, XPath can be a powerful ally in finding the element, since you can incorporate text string into your XPath expression for lookup purpose, i.e. the name. It is not possible to comment on how you may go about creating that XPath expression for your camp list as it would require inspection on the HTML behind. What is certain is the fact that you can plug in XPath expression into Web Path attribute in Blue Prism v6.8. I would imagine you would need to use dynamic attribute feature so you can spy different name every time based on the value of a data item.

Overall, you may adopt an approach in the following way: 1) craft an XPath expression so the element can be checked based on a value you wish to look up. 2) plug in the said element into a Wait stage to check for existence. If not found (and you are sure it is present), do step 3. 3) reveal additional elements by reaching the end of the list using keystrokes

Hope the above helps.​

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney