cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Error at the Time of Mark Exception

PriyambadaPanda
Level 3
Hi , I am getting the error while marking the item as Exception. "Internal : The specified item was not locked by this business object". Please read the above Error message in double Coat.can anybody help me to know the meaning of this error. Regards, Priya
7 REPLIES 7

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
You are trying to manipulate a queue item using an object/process who isn't the 'owner' of the item. The owner is the one who obtained the item via Get Next Item.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, have a look on the stages that use the Business Object Work Queues with Actions like e.g. Mark Exception which require an Input value for the Name ""Keep locked"". There should be a Flag value of either ""True"" or ""False"". In case of a system exception you could use ""True"" and decide the retry attempts in the work queue settings (based on the consensus with the client).

AndrzejSzady
Level 3
Same problem here so...bumping. The queue is used only by one process. Mark as Completed works fine, though.

AndrzejSzady
Level 3
Same problem here so...bumping. The queue is used only by one process. Mark as Completed works fine, though.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Get Next Item, Mark Complete, Mark Exception, Defer, etc etc must be performed by the same process or object. I've never seen the 'The specified item was not locked by this...' error produced zany other way.

KalaimagalP
Level 2
Hi, I too facing the same issue. I am using Get Item and Mark Complete in the same Process even then getting the same message.Any help here pls.. ""Internal : The specified item was not locked by this business object"".  

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Hello, I recommend looking at the example process solution in the Lifecycle Orientation solution - ensure how you have implemented queue handling works in the same way as shown in that completed best practice example.   The LO training is a mandatory part of the accreditation path, and the use of Process Templates as part of your process development should be a mandatory starting point for every solution you build.