cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting exception while spying in 6.4

SutirthaGupta
Level 4
Hi All, First time I am using 6.4 in my machine I am getting below exception while spying Adobe Acrobat Reader window: System.ApplicationException: The window spied was not found in the model    at BluePrism.AMI.clsAMI.Spy(clsElementTypeInfo& elementType, List`1& identifiers)    at AutomateUI.frmIntegrationAssistant.HandleSpyOrLaunchClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)   Accrobat Version = 2017.011.30106 Windows Version = Windows & prof SP1 64 bit   Please help me on this.   Thanks in advance, Regards Sutirtha Gupta          
4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
I've often found Abobe products can spawn multiple exes, so it could be that you'll need more than one object. That error can occur when you're spying an element that belongs another exe.

VincentMa
Level 2
How do we get around in this case? Acrobat Reader DC is creating the following 4 processes (at least) when launched: 2 instances of ""AcroRd32.exe"" and 2 instances of ""RdrCEF.exe"". Want to know if anyone has a solution to this please!! 🙂

Probably only way is trial and error attaching to another instance and trying whether Application Modeller works fine or not.

SutirthaGupta
Level 4
No, all the above steps done but still no progress. Now same problems are coming from Production too. Please look into this ASAP. PFA for the BP error screenshot.