cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Mouse Click Stopped Working

RobHamlin
Level 3
Hi, I have an element on a webpage that has been spied in Accessibility mode (it's a menu item, and the sub-menu items aren't visible until the menu has been expanded). I use Global Mouse Click Centre on this element, which has worked fine for quite some time, but has now stopped moving the cursor to the desired location (the element is definitely visible to the application modeller). Has anyone else come across this? I'm really struggling to find a solution... Thanks, Rob
3 REPLIES 3

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I've not heard of this before - a global click will always work (unless you get an element not found error).  Have you got an activate window and a tiny wait before your global click?

RobHamlin
Level 3
Hi Denis, It seems the issue is related to the window not being currently active, but when I try to use Activate Application, I get the following error:   Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Activate Application' on page  - Exception during remote setforegroundwindow - System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied    at System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.OpenProcess(Int32 processId, Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)    at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessHandle(Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)    at System.Diagnostics.Process.OpenProcessHandle(Int32 access)    at System.Diagnostics.Process.get_Handle()    at BluePrism.ApplicationManager.clsLocalTargetApp.ForceForeground(IntPtr hwnd)   Any advice would be helpful.   Thanks, Rob

NitinChandhok
Level 3
Hi Not seen this personally, but is something like this happening? Attach Activate window   I.e. the process ID of the application that you attached to is different from the one that you are trying to interact with the with the global mouse click.   If this is the case you may have to Detach and Attach before interacting.    Cheers, Nitin