cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global end Key is not working

RiteshHanda
Level 3
Hi All, I am trying to change the value in the text field using UP and DOWN key but somehow it is not working ... tired with Writer but it is also not accepting the values Please refer the attached doc. Please suggest anyone how can make the changes the value.   Thanks  Ritesh
8 REPLIES 8

BenKirimlidis
Level 7
Hi Ritesh, A few questions/suggestions. 1. Is it only the up/down keys causing problems i.e. Are you able to send other keys? 2. What kind of application is it? Mainframe / webpage etc. 3. What is the behavior of the process when you watch it/step through it slowly? Is it selecting the field and navigating or is it pressing down and moving your cursor or something? 4. Have you tried programming in a delay?  Might be taking a second to navigate to that screen on the application.  This probably isn't it but this is always something I check since I had difficulty with it once.  

RiteshHanda
Level 3
Hi Ben, Thank you for a reply! Please see the below comment on your questions 1. Is it only the up/down keys causing problems i.e. Are you able to send other keys?  -- Tried with others keys ({DELETE} also but not working. it means all Global send key is not working in this case.  2. What kind of application is it? Mainframe / webpage etc. --Webpage 3. What is the behavior of the process when you watch it/step through it slowly? Is it selecting the field and navigating or is it pressing down and moving your cursor or something?  Feld is being selected but when it is pressing Send Key, nothing is happening .. then deselected  4. Have you tried programming in a delay?  Might be taking a second to navigate to that screen on the application.  This probably isn't it but this is always something I check since I had difficulty with it once. -- Using the Wait but still not working.   Thanks Ritesh

AmiBarrett
Level 12
I notice you're using UIA. Have you tried using Active Accessibility instead?

XianglingLiu
Level 3
Try to focus on the element firstly and then Send Keys.

RiteshHanda
Level 3
Hi Amibarrett, if I use Active Accessibility mode, the system is unable to identify the element. I tried but did not work. Thanks Ritesh

RiteshHanda
Level 3
Hi Xiangling,  I tried as per your suggestion but not working... The problem here is element is being highlighted but send is not working on that element to change the values.   Thanks  Ritesh    

TshiamoTlou
Level 2
Hi Ritesh Try sending your keys to "WD - intergration monitoring" instead of "Time".   Regards T Tlou

RiteshHanda
Level 3
Hi Tshiamo, Thank you it worked :)    Thanks Ritesh