cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global send key string format

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to global send key in navigate stage to a SAP app I am putting : "{DOWN}" tried with or without quotes, upper lower case, in a text variable without the quotes...nothing works getting the error : Input string not in correct format using Blue Prism version 6.4.1 Microsoft framework 4.7   Any suggestions ?
7 REPLIES 7

MichalSzumski
Level 6
Hi mayfarouk,   I suppose You try to move down with the selection.If yes then first of all first step in Navigate should be ""Activate Application"". Then You need to use ""Global Send Key Events"" instead of ""Global Send Keys"". Let me know if this works.   Best regards Michal

david.l.morris
Level 14
I second what mszumsk said regarding Activate Application first. I haven't worked on SAP, so I have no comment on whether Send Key Events is better for that than Send Keys. However, using global send keys, you have the correct input. ""{DOWN}"" should move the cursor down. Be sure that you are sending that to the correct element in Blue Prism. I always send it to the root node.
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

MichalSzumski
Level 6
Hi David,   You are right regarding Global Send Keys (I just checked it). I was told to use for cases like this only Global Send Key Events and never tried to use it that way - thanks for the tip!   Best regards Michal

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello All Thank you for your replies. I do activate the application in a pervious stage As for the global send keys event , I am limited by the options BP gives me. For the element I spied, I only get the global send key option .

david.l.morris
Level 14
Try using the top level node element in Application Modeller.   For example, if Application Modeller looks like this... Name of Object/App (Try using Global Send Keys or even Global Send Key Events to this element) Screen 1 Element 1 Element 2 Element 3 (I'm assuming you're using this element) Screen 2 Element 4 Element 5
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello David Thanks for your reply. I tried this and though it caused no errors, it does not send the down arrow where is should .   ""Name of Object/App (Try using Global Send Keys or even Global Send Key Events to this element)

MichalSzumski
Level 6
Hi mayfarouk,   Maybe it is silly question but are You focused on the element? Can You provide screenshot that shows from where You want to move down in SAP? I had a case that I had to click on Grid View element and only then I was able to move down (Otherwise Navigate Stage gave no results).   Best regards Michal