cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(HELP) MANY QUESTIONS

VARUNPARATWAR
Level 3
1. if i have 5 windows and all have same google main page on it, if i want to work on 2nd window (not 2nd tab) how to do it?

2. if i have 5 tabs with same google main page and to work on 2nd tab how to do it?

3. how to develop a function that will give last day of next month.(it should be dynamic)

4. how to delete entire coloum from collection including header 

5. how to click button using surface automation whose position and colour keeps on changing.

6. how to launch and read from windows based application with different extension.

------------------------------
VARUN PARATWAR
4 REPLIES 4

johan.m
Level 4
          AddDays(AddMonths("01" & Right(Today(); 8); 1); -1)

23641.png

Johan Michiels
Mr
BGL BNPP Luxembourg

In addition to Johan's answer I would recommend using the collection manipulation object for question 4. It can be found Digital Exchange or with the link below:
https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/utility---collection-manipulation

It gives you a lot of benefit in terms of working with collection without knowning the specific codes.

Christian Rothmann
RPA Developer
Royal Greenland
Europe/Copenhagen

5. Surface Automation there is an option to select the position of your image. When you select Anywhere it will search the image in the entire region.
23643.pngand for the color, there is an Option of Colour Tolerance and Grayscale option that you can explore.
You can check in detail the course on surface automation at blue prism university.

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. Consultant-Technical Lead

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff

Hi Varun,

On 1 and 2, the only way I am aware of is to use the Tracking Id feature found in latest versions of Blue Prism. For v6, it is a bit tricky as you must disable fixed port mode, and that itself may lead to some issues.

In addition to the above, there are also some other considerations to think of:

1. You must use Blue Prism native Launch action, as it is the only action that generates a Tracking Id. Launching by starting the browser process using a uitility VBO for example will not work.
  2. You must keep track of all Tracking Ids generated over time, and use the correct one for interactions. It is not possible to use an ordinal number like 1st or 2nd window/tab as you described.
There may be other considerations when it comes to close those browser sessions selectively.

All in all, it is not very easy to achieve what you wanted, and most of such use cases can be avoided by redesigning the process to work with a single instance of the browser at a time. I would suggest you consider a different approach if possible.

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney