cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP

EstebanMontesi1
Level 3
I have an empty collection and I'm trying to add a field to it using the collection manipulation VBO add a field(text) however when I ran this stage nothing happens. I've used this action before working with queues and completed items and it worked before. What exactly is going on here?

------------------------------
Esteban Montesinos
6 REPLIES 6

HarshitRawat
Level 8
Hi Esteban ,
Can you please share more details about it?
Are the collection field defined already ?

Harshit Rawat

NicholasZejdlik
Level 9
Did you add a row after appending the field? If you append a field to a blank collection, it will appear to still be blank afterwards if you open the collection. The fields should appear once you add a row.

Nicholas Zejdlik
RPA Developer

I tried using the add field action (text) then I tried adding a row action using the same collection and I got the following error Internal: Cannot cast a collection value into a string and the field so I don't entirely understand why this is. The only way I find that it works is either pulling from a CSV file or xlxs or queue into a collection and then performing the add field text. While I get a decimal string type error when I add a number field.

Esteban Montesinos

While using an undefined collection I tried using this action and it did not work. Then I tried defining one field manually and tried to use the action and by the same token, it did not work. When I tried doing this using a queue and getting the completed items I was able to add a field(text) however when adding a field(number) I got a data error. Look for screenshots in the post below.

Esteban Montesinos

The error is because the Collections business object is wonky and expects the name of the collection as opposed to the collection itself. That's why Add Row shows a Text data type for the Collection Name parameter, and why it's saying it cannot cast a collection into a string. Use "temporary collection" instead of [temporary collection] on Add Row and it should work.

Nicholas Zejdlik
RPA Developer

It does not solve the issue.Actually it throws a data type mismatch error right away.

Esteban Montesinos