cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML/Browser target application spying issues - target app html elements no longer valid - no other spy modes work

andrew_doman
Level 3
Hi all, I have recently inherited an automation I need to improve upon (exception handling uplift/coding standards etc). One of the target applications is a browser based app, however, when I have tried a run through/step through the objects, none of the elements appear to be valid anymore. All of the spied elements are HTML, and the automation has been working in production. I have not changed anything about the elements. When I try to respy anything, it does not give me the option to spy in HTML mode, and any of the other modes I try to spy in (win32/aa etc), it gives me the following message: "There was an error during the spying operation" "System.ApplicationException: The window spied was not found in the model at BluePrism.AMI.clsAMI.Spy(clsElementTypeInfo&element Type, List'1&identifiers) at Automate.frmIntegrationAssistant.HandleSpyOrLaunchClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)" In the mean time I will attempt to migrate the release onto a different laptop to see whether it is isolated to the current laptop
2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
It sounds like the objects are attaching to the wrong iexplore.exe. If you're attached correctly, HTML spy mode (green) comes up first, otherwise Win32 (red) comes up first. If the object is an attaching object rather than a launching object, then chances are you'll need to run the Attach page so that the correct Child Index parameter is used - that's what controls which iexplore.exe the object connects to.

Thanks for your guidance John, I have had a look at changing from child index 1 to 0, and it may have solved the issue. I will come back if there are any further issues. Not sure how it became mis-aligned with child index 1 in attach page, and yet in subsequent attach stage in code it was 0