cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB Not Working

Ansar_AhmedAtta
Level 4
Hello Everyone,
I have installed HUB with all pre-requisite check but when I am trying to access it via browser it is giving me :-

HTTP Error 502.5 - ANCM Out-Of-Process Startup Failure

Common solutions to this issue:

• The application process failed to start
  • The application process started but then stopped
  • The application process started but failed to listen on the configured port

Troubleshooting steps:

• Check the system event log for error messages
  • Enable logging the application process' stdout messages
  • Attach a debugger to the application process and inspect

Also, when I checked my event logs I got this,

Application: dotnet.exe
CoreCLR Version: 4.700.20.11803
.NET Core Version: 3.1.3
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master'.

Application '/LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT' with physical root 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Blue Prism\Authentication Server\' failed to start process with commandline 'dotnet .\ImsServer.Web.dll' at stage 'PostStartCheck', ErrorCode = '0x8027025b', assigned port 16238, retryCounter '1'.

Please help me solve this issue.

Thanks,
Ansar

10 REPLIES 10

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Ansar,

It is like you do not have permission to create a database on the SQL Server instance, as indicated by "Exception Info: Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master'."

To quote the following article https://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/78388/create-database-permission-denied-in-database-master-unable-to-get-the-permis

The user must be a member of dbcreator server role for user to have enough permissions to create a database.

You can execute the following statement to make a user member of dbcreator server role.

EXEC master..sp_addsrvrolemember @loginame = N'Shubhankar', @rolename = N'dbcreator'
GO

Members of sysadmin role are by default members of dbcreator server role therefore they can create databases too.

Hope this helps.

Ansar_AhmedAtta
Level 4

Hi Bruce,
I have already verified, my user has all the necessary permissions, still I am unable to access.

Thanks,

Ansar

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Ansar,

In this case, I would suggest you reach out to Blue Prism support to have your case looked at.

Ansar_AhmedAtta
Level 4
Hi Bruce,
For the update, Hub is working fine now; there was issue in application pool in IIS. So now all good in terms of hub. Next, I did was install the control room plugin and did the DB connection as well but I am unable to see any data in my queues section schedule section and all.

What can be the possible issues.?

Thanks,
Ansar

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Ansar,

You must now configure Authentication Server and then have your users synced up between Hub and Blue Prism. Do make sure you avoid the use of admin user in the process in case you need to "disconnect" the Authentication Server. Once this is done, check if your Hub user appears in Blue Prism under System > Security > Users. You will then need to assign permissions to your Hub user for relevant section of the screen in the same way as you would do for a native Blue Prism user. This can be done using System > Security > User Roles. For example, if access to Control Room is needed, you must assign Control Room role related permissions to the user.

The baseline is Hub does not have specific permissions controlling user access. It is all done via the permissions around the mapped users in Blue Prism.

Ansar_AhmedAtta
Level 4

Hi Bruce,
I did the same but there is pre-requisite for App Server.

Can't this be done in standalone deployment without app server.?

Thanks,

Ansar

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Ansar,

App server is a must before you can provision Authentication Server, which is a pre-requisite for Hub and Blue Prism API. In standalone mode, you can only experience the core Blue Prism product in the same way as v6.

Ansar_AhmedAtta
Level 4
Hi Bruce,
For the update, everything is working fine now. I can login to my blue prism via authentication server and my web-based control room is also working fine.

Thanks,
Ansar

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Good to know everything is working for you Ansar.