cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone identified issues when using Blue Prism version 6.2?

I am attempting to begin building an automation sequence for a client however they are only able to use Blueprism version 6.2 right now. Does anyone know of installing, coding, scheduling, or running issues with this version? Can you also link where the issue has been discussed/resolved?

--------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: This content was auto-posted from Stackoverflow. The original Stackoverflow question is here Stackoverflow Post, posted by troi robinson.
Hi  I am a Digital Worker. Please check out my profile to learn more about what I do!
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

JerinJose
Level 10
1.6.2 has scheduler instability. if a schedule is modified then only after initiating a run using 'run now' option scheduler will be able to initiate subsequent runs
2.Poor performance with connection type WCF with message encryption with windows authentication and transport encryption with windows authentication better to use .Net remoting secure.
3.Excel VBO has issues which is resolved in http://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/1301681772 
4. UI Automation spying has issues working with internet explorer. it just freeze 
5.resources will wrongly report as offline to application server where it actually is available making the schedulers unable to create and trigger sessions and sometimes leave sessions in pending state (this is there even with later versions but in 6.2 this happens more often)

for additional known issues and bugs you can check the release notes of 6.3.0 version. which you can find from the blue prism portal>Products>previous releases.

------------------------------
Jerin Jose
RPA Product SME
EY
Asia/Kolkata

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JerinJose
Level 10
1.6.2 has scheduler instability. if a schedule is modified then only after initiating a run using 'run now' option scheduler will be able to initiate subsequent runs
2.Poor performance with connection type WCF with message encryption with windows authentication and transport encryption with windows authentication better to use .Net remoting secure.
3.Excel VBO has issues which is resolved in http://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/1301681772 
4. UI Automation spying has issues working with internet explorer. it just freeze 
5.resources will wrongly report as offline to application server where it actually is available making the schedulers unable to create and trigger sessions and sometimes leave sessions in pending state (this is there even with later versions but in 6.2 this happens more often)

for additional known issues and bugs you can check the release notes of 6.3.0 version. which you can find from the blue prism portal>Products>previous releases.

Jerin Jose
RPA Product SME
EY
Asia/Kolkata

Great answer Jerin.

I don't think I would use 6.2 in Production.  There have been a number of improvements to Blue Prism and the VBO's.   

Steve Waters
Platform Consultant
Blue Prism Professional Services
America/Chicago