cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hover over menu

JuliaK_
Level 2
Dear all,

I want to hover over a menu to select a UI element that only shows up when hovering over the parent item. I've tried to focus the parent item and send global keys but it did not work for me. Directly clicking the item without hovering over the parent doesn't work either. 

There is an opportunity to solve the problem with keystrokes but I couldn't figure out how to send keystrokes to a specific UI element as the 'send keystrokes' doesn't show up in the action stage. 

Any suggestions how to solve the problem? 

Many thanks in advance.

------------------------------
Julia
Europe/Amsterdam
5 REPLIES 5

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Hi,

Here's "How do I hover my mouse over an Object in Blue Prism?": https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/Automation-Design/Application-Integration/Active-Accessibility-Spy-Mode/1191955332/How-do-I-hover-my-mouse-over-an-Object-in-Blue-Pri...

Hope this helps.

Tetsuji Junicho
Manager of RPA Practice Grp.
Accenture Japan
Asia/Tokyo

DaveMorris
Level 14
I agree (with what Tetsuji suggested) that it is worth checking to see if the element is actually just invisible but that you can still interact with it.

However, if that doesn't solve the problem, what kind of keystrokes are you saying would solve the problem? You may be able to send them to the root element in the application model instead of directly to the element if it's something like ALT+[letter]. There is also the click and drag feature. I've used this before to simulate hovering over a button without clicking on the button. This is a really terrible idea though, so I wouldn't try putting that into production but who knows, maybe you'll find it can be reliable.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Hi,

thanks for your help. 
It would be possible to solve the problem with "{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{RIGHT}{ENTER}" or "{RIGHT}{ENTER}" depending to which parent UiElement I send the keystrokes. It is not possible to do so without activating the parent element first therefore I am not sure if a global send keys could work? 

Julia Karel
Working student
OSRAM
Europe/Amsterdam

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately I can't open the link you attached as I get the following error message from the BluePrism website:

Due to the sensitive nature of the content on this page elevated permissions are needed to access it. This access is normally reserved for Blue Prism customers and partners.

To request extended access permissions to this and the other restricted content on the Portal please contact our support team by emailing support@blueprism.com

Alternatively, if you are an approved Blue Prism support portal user, you can log a support ticket using the Helpdesk link which will be available to you at the top of this page.

Would you mind to copy&paste the suggestion you wrote there? 

Julia Karel
Working student
OSRAM
Europe/Amsterdam

Hi, 

Here you are:

How do I hover my mouse over an Object in Blue Prism?

The following Blue Prism Community Forum page advises to perform checks to ensure that the web page you are trying to automate actually has hover over functionality. It also mentions that the hover over functionality may be contained within a particular element attribute. 

Hovers & screen pop ups in a browser

How to resolve your issue

A suggested workaround is to use multiple spying modes, such as HTML and Access Availability, to spy the surrounding area around the Object to try and pick up the invisible layer. You can also use the Application Navigator within Application Modeller which will present all available elements within the web page.

---------------------------------------------

Hope this helps.

Tetsuji Junicho
Manager of RPA Practice Grp.
Accenture Japan
Asia/Tokyo