cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you import an entire release (not process/object) using the command line?

RohitGanguly
Level 2
Is there a way to import a release using a command line argument? I have tried using /import but it gives me the following error: Error: failed to create process - Exception while loading process : This is not a valid process definition (root element is - it should be )
6 REPLIES 6

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
No it's not possible at present, although I believe our guys are working on it.

RohitGanguly
Level 2
Thanks John, for getting back to me. I'm hoping we can have this pretty soon, because since we're in automating stuff, manually importing releases feels kind of wrong.  :) Is this being worked on with any forthcoming Blue Prism version in mind?

TomaszAdamski
Level 5
The best would an integration with GIT, so all the processes and objects would be stored in there. This way there would be better version control and you could also use branches for releases to different environments.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
I'm not sure of the exact timeline for command line release import, but I don't think it will be too far away. We always have more ideas than we have development engineers, so new features will keep coming. @Tomek - source control is also something we are looking at.

The command line release import and/or source control are necessary to automate the deployment between environments (dev -> test -> prod), I am personally really looking forward to it. Currently the less painful solution is to create packages manually, export the releases, and import them manually into the other environment. Otherwise you need to create a list about the separate elements (currently available objects to migrate automatically in 5.0.34: process, object and probably queues and schedules) outside of BluePrism Release Manager. In this case you need to create your own scripts using your own lists (obviously the list can be generated from the content of a .bprelease file too). AutomateC.exe /help provides the full list of the available options in the command line.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Guys - please feel free to add to the Ideas & Enhancement forum, our dev team do pay attention to it. We also have plans to improve the community suggestions mechanism, with feedback and updates for any ideas that make it into the development stream. No $$$ for genius ideas though I'm afraid, only the glory.