cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting a release using command line through Azure DevOps

AdityaPradhan
Level 3

@Eric Wilson,

Thank you very much for the immediate response!

I am not trying to export a previous version of the most recent package. The reason I used the /release flag is to be able to give a custom name to my release and the .bprelease file that gets created. I also tried to remove the /release flag but I get the exact same error.

When I run the command in a commandline window it works perfectly creating the custom release name in BP as well as generating the custom named .bprelease file. When I run it through the Azure DevOps pipeline then I get this error. I am able to generate the .bpprocess or .bpobject files by calling the AutomateC from Azure pipeline but it fails only for the release .

Any guidance on this will be fantastic. Thank you again!

Cheers,

Adi

2 REPLIES 2

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@AdityaPradhan,

When you're testing from the command line vs Azure DevOps are you writing the files to the same directories in both cases?

Cheers,​

------------------------------
Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

@Eric Wilson

Thank you Eric. Yes I have tried this in both ways while testing:

1. Manually executed from Command line in the Azure agent working folder - Successfully 

2. In Azure DevOps pipeline in the set of cmd commands, first changed the current folder to where I had been testing manually and then executed AutomateC - Failed with same error of The handle is invalid.

As suggested, I have logged a ticket with support Center and waiting for their response.

please do suggest any ideas you may think of for me to try 🙂

Thank you!
Cheers,
Adi

Aditya Pradhan