cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I export excel to collection, without header?

IL
Level 2
I've been trying to export an xlsx file to a collection, but the data in the excel-file does not contain headers. I want to be able to define the header names in the collection, ID-nr and Name. Excel 123;abc 124;abd 125;abe 126;abf 127;abg When using the action "Get worksheet as Collection Offset" and putting "False" in the "Use header" i still get: "Internal : Collection fields are defined but cannot be matched to the incoming collection - The collection definition does not contain the field 123" Any sugestions?
3 REPLIES 3

shiva_shankarre
Level 2
Check action item would be with ""Get Worksheet as Collection Offset"" Under that, Give 'startcell' reference from Excel ""A1""(Cross check the cell value from Excel sheet ) &' Useheadr' flag with ""False"" flag For the above error message, ensure whether the collection is defined with any Field or Initial Values.If yes, Please remove those and run it. Hopefully, should work.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
You can't read into a collection that has defined columns if those columns don't match the file. You'll need to read into a dynamic (undefined) collection first.

AndrzejSzady
Level 3
You could also use Data- OLEDB Object. You can get worksheets contents with SQL querry then.