cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I locate the row on a HTML table on the screen using the row-number

Anonymous
Not applicable
Problem statement: Need to delete a request on the screen by clicking the check box of an HTML data row based on a match found What we have done / have 1. Read the contents of HTML table to a collection 2. Locate the row in the collection using a particular column value 3. This row-value corresponds to the request-id that we have to delete 4. The column corresponding to the check-box does not have any value 5. We have tried 'Select Item' action as part of Navigate stage by giving the row-no to the 'Item Number' input parameter 6. This throws an error that the item was not found What I need: 1. Locate the row on the HTML table 2. Zero-in on the corresponding check-box 3. Then use the 'Focus' Action to check the corresponding check box What I found Using wildcard or dynamic match does not work because as per my understanding, the rows have to be spied which is not a possibility in a real-life scenario where there will be typically multiple rows in a table
1 REPLY 1

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Section 4.1 in the Browser Automation Guide discusses how to do this. Basically you use the row number to inject a dynamic value for the Path attribute.