cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should I shutdown Runtime Resources normally?

BohyonHwang
Level 9
I turned the servers off, in order to remove some runtime resources.
Most of them were changed to its state as Missing.
AP server seems to be trying to reconnect to those servers, consuming its system resources.
Do any one have a guide for normal sequence for shutting down the runtime resources?

14139.png

------------------------------
Bohyon Hwang
Director
블루프리즘
Seoul
+82262033950
6 REPLIES 6

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
You can 'retire' old unused resources in Control Room.   From memory I think the UI is easy to guess at,  either drag to a retired box (maybe that is the old UI??) or right click the resource to retire.

I retired many resources already.
The area of retired resources is crowded.
When will they die?
Or how can I erase them?

14128.png

Bohyon Hwang
Director
블루프리즘
Seoul
+82262033950

Are you clearing down your session logs regularly?
I suspect the final deletion of archived resourses might be linked to the deletion of your session logs otherwise the UI would throw up some infamous foreign key constraint errors because the resourse related to the session log can't be found.

Deleting or archiving session logs is very important for product efficiency and reliability.
If that does not ring true and your session logs are tidy then maybe someone else has an idea of how to do this.

Hello,

I have the feeling I cannot confirm that the "Retired Resources" get removed once the Session Logs are cleared. Maybe I am doing something wrong but I have the feeling this is not doning is. I also checked the unofficial DB cleanup scripts but they do not contain anything on the retired Resources.

Did you find a solution to this?

Felix Gerdwilker

The resource IDs are present in more tables in the database than just the logs i.e. the aggregated statistics in BPMIUtilizationDaily.
And I don't think there is any built-in mechanism to clean the list of retired schedule (if you know about one please let me know!).

If you are willing to touch the database but don't want to loose the data in other tables the best way to go would be probably like this:

1) pick one of the retire resources (table BPAResource, AttributeID = 1) to be used as a placeholder, save its ID, rename it to something like 'OLD resources"
2) get list of other retired resources 
3) either drop or update (using the placeholder) rows in other tables. This will get a bit tricky for the aggregated tables since you will want to update the other values as well.
4) drop the other retired resources.

Stanislava Skřipská Tlustá

I would strongly recommend against running your own unsupported scripts on a production Blue Prism database.  Deleting items from one table too early can cause key constraint errors in the Blue Prism product.

I recommend contacting Blue Prism support to ask for a supported cleardown script.