cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to address application collapse

EricLi
Level 6

Recently I am suffering application collapse. Robot randomly encounter stoppage by application run down. This stoppage do not throw out exception but hung up at certain stage. I have to login resource to stop the application manually. This issue seldom happens when manual operating, but frequently on robot. Application administrator do not give well suggestion.  Has somebody experienced similar issue? How can I address this kind of issue by robot?

This is the collapse screen.

16247.png

------------------------------
Eric Li
Operation Analysis
AIG
Asia/Hong_Kong
2 REPLIES 2

david.l.morris
Level 14
Could it be that the automation is performing actions too quickly for the application to handle? I would try using some wait stages that use session variables for their timeout inputs and then try throttling up and down so that it runs faster or slower. It'd be good to determine if speed of execution causes the problem, and then after determining that you could see about fine tuning the timing. But if it doesn't happen for a human user and it does happen for the automation, then it's either a limitation of the memory on the robot machine or the robot is clicking too fast for the app to keep up.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Walter.Koller
Level 11
We are facing a similar situation in one of our automated processes. At some random point in time the target application crashes with a pop-up window that causes Blue Prism to wait for someone pressing the OK button of the pop-up.
Following a suggestion in this forum, we implemented a background script checking for the pop-up process and use taskkill to close the window. 

We could not narrow down the actual reason of the crashes.
The process ran fine for several months on two virtual machines but after some OS and general SW updates the crashes started to be very frequent, ~20min.
On other virtual machines or laptops the same process and with same SW update level, the process ran for continuously for hours without issues.
After re-setup of one of the virtual machines from scratch the target application is now stable again.

Low memory and timing issues, as suggested by Dave, are most common identifiable causes of such crashes I think

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Erste Group IT International GmbH
Europe/Vienna