cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clear Audit Events/Audit Log data permanently from System tab?

How to clear Audit Events/Audit Log data permanently from the System tab?

We have the auto archive set up but that only archives  process logs and not audit logs

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I know there are some cmd scripts that we can run but looking for an option in the System tab.

------------------------------
If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. Consultant-Technical Lead
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Mukeshh_k
MVP

Hi @Tejaskumar_Darji , I am afraid I could not find any such options to delete the audit logs from within the system tab and as you rightly mentioned the System Tab> System > Archiving only deletes the Process and Objects logs but not the Audit logs.

It seems we are left with one option only and that is to Delete the logs via SSMS BP Database with SQL Query as:  DELETE FROM [dbo].[BPAAuditEvents] WHERE eventdatetime >= '2023-03-07' AND eventdatetime <= '2023-03-14'

13207.jpg

13208.jpg

Kindly up vote this as "Best Answer" if it adds value or resolves your query in anyway possible, happy to help.

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar - Senior Automation Developer

NHS England, United Kingdom, GB
Regards,

Mukesh Kumar

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Mukeshh_k
MVP

Hi @Tejaskumar_Darji , I am afraid I could not find any such options to delete the audit logs from within the system tab and as you rightly mentioned the System Tab> System > Archiving only deletes the Process and Objects logs but not the Audit logs.

It seems we are left with one option only and that is to Delete the logs via SSMS BP Database with SQL Query as:  DELETE FROM [dbo].[BPAAuditEvents] WHERE eventdatetime >= '2023-03-07' AND eventdatetime <= '2023-03-14'

13207.jpg

13208.jpg

Kindly up vote this as "Best Answer" if it adds value or resolves your query in anyway possible, happy to help.

Regards,

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar

Thanks, @Mukesh Kumar for your prompt response.

Added to the Ideation portal - link to idea is here for an upvote.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji

I was able to clear the Audit table from DB using the query mentioned above by Mukesh.

A quick note if anyone performs this in the future. Ensure you take a backup of all your BP stuff before doing such direct DB actions. Thanks.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji

Thanks Tejaskumar Darji : It would be great to see such options inside Blue Prism itself and we always have control on who to provide access with to such tabs via admins and etc - Sounds like an Idea, Upvoted.

Regards,

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar

One more update - 

It cleaned up all edit history across all the processes and objects. Is this impact of clearing the Audit log DB table? Any idea about this scenario?

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji

Hi Tejaskumar Darji - Yes Audit Logs itself means all the audit trails & logs related to any user or system doing any changes or edits. The recommended protocol is never to delete the Auditlogs, but as your query stated it wanted to get rid of all the audit logs permanently. 

Regards,

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar

Got it, thanks for the details.

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji