cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect to on-prem database (Sql-server) from Blue Prism Cloud

RekhaJayaram
Level 2
Could someone show me how to connect to my on-prem Sqlserver database from my Free trial Blu prism Cloud on Azure? Is there a concept of a local agent that is installed? Just cant find any good pointers for how to connect to external on-prem databases from Blu Prism Process Studio. Thanks in advance.

------------------------------
Rekha Jayaram
1 REPLY 1

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Hello,  There are technical/virtualisation reference guides as part of the Technical Architect Certification training path that will be relivant to this,  there is also an Azure guide on the portal (go to docs and search for Azure).  I am guessing the solution of how to do what you are attempting will be spread in information across these seperate guides.

The Azure guide does what you are trying to do n reverse (the SQL Server is in Azure and the resources are local as opposed to your attempt to have the SQL Server local).  However,  the assumptions from the document might point you in the right direction:   "a connection is in place between the Blue Prism network and any external networks where the automated applications reside. This may be via a VPN, internal Vnet Peering (for cloud hosted applications) or Express Route".

Denis Dennehy
Head of Customer Success, EMEA
Blue Prism Ltd
Europe/London