cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Message Boxes using Code Stage

IngridBardales
Level 4
I need to create message boxes for a demo I will be presenting.  I am using the code stage and in the Code tab I am using MessageBox.Show("My Message") In the Inputs tab I have declared my Message as text but how do I declare MessageBox?  Is this even the right way of creating a message box is there a faster/easier way? Guidance is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance! Ingrid
4 REPLIES 4

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Simply type out the full thing in your code stage - System.Windows.Forms.Messagebox.Show(""My Message"") and it should work for you. I don't know what your use case is - but I really hope you are not talking to clients about running Blue Prism resources on user desktops and giving them prompts???  Desktop automation has been proven beyond doubt as not being something you want to do with Enterprise RPA - the discussion should instead be about designing handoffs to/from the virtual workforce, and maybe form solutions such as trustportal.

IngridBardales
Level 4
Hi Denis and thanks for your reply, no I'm not using them for prompts.  I typed in what you have above in the Code tab and I get an internal error : ""MessageBox"" is not a member of Forms."".  Appreciate your continued help!

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
You need to also add a reference to the Forms DLL. Go to the Initialise page and open the page title properties. Code Options > External References > Add > paste System.Windows.Forms.dll

IngridBardales
Level 4
Awesome thanks.