cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export XML-file including data

Christian_Brand
Level 2
Hi,

I need to export a XML-file containing all field names and rows from a specific collection.
So far I exported the page using File>Export>Page/Object. However, it does not contain the data from the collections.
Therefore my developer will not be able to help me out writing a code stage, that will help me fix my original problem.

The XML utility does not seem to be helpful in this situation either.           

Any suggestions?

Best regards 

/Christian

------------------------------
Christian Brandt Larsen
RPA Developer
Forca A/S
Europe/Copenhagen
4 REPLIES 4

JerinJose
Level 10
Hi Christian,

if its a user defined collection that has fields and values prepopulated all of these will be will be part of the xml file exported using File>Export>Page/Object.  however if the collection​ is getting value when a process/object is excecated those values will not be part of the export.

Jerin Jose
RPA Product SME
EY
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Jerin

The collection is populated by data retrieved from a queue using VBO Queue Reports ´Get data from queue´. I suppose that means that those values will not be part of the export.

In that case, maybe I can create a dummy collection containing the same fields and values as the collection and make my export on the basic of that.

I´ll try.

Thanks

Christian Brandt Larsen
RPA
Forca A/S
Europe/Copenhagen

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried Utility - XML?

Ionut Cohen
RPA Developer
Luxoft Romania
Europe\Bucharest

GopalBhaire
Level 10
I don't really understand the question, but I assume you're trying to output the collection as XML. If so you can loop over the collection and use a multicalc to generate the desired XML.

OR you can use code stage with collInput (collection) as input and xmlResult (text) as output. 
Dim sw as Object
sw = new StringWriter() 
collInput.WriteXml(sw)
xmlResult = sw.ToString()​

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture