cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export/import the "publish" state of processes?

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Hi, It seems that processes cannot export/import the state of publish of them. Everytime I import processes, I hava to set them "publish" again. How can I omit this step?
7 REPLIES 7

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
This is deliberate to make the decision to publish a conscious choice. If you use a release file you can choose the Publish option when you import.

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Hi John. I think the ""Publish"" option appears when I import them and only when they have some conflicts, right? When they don't have the same ids/names, they are imported silently(not publish state) without ""Publish"" option. Regards,

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Release Manager always gives you the option to keep the publish state of something you import. Simply ensure you are migrating releases using release manager (.bprelease files) rather than the export/import menu options which generate xml for individual processes/objects.

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Hi Denis. Thanks for your reply. I tried to export .releases using release manager (.bprelease) and imported it, the publish state couldn't be imported. For additional note, I deleted all materials the release file includes before I imported it. Regards,

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I have just imported a .bprelease file using the latest verstion of Blue Prism. Each published process is listed in a 'Resolve Import Conflicts' dialog with the description: The incoming process has bee npublished. Do you want to publish the process in the database after importing? The option defaults to 'Yes'.

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Hi Denis That sounds odd to me. I tested it using the latest and previous version. What I want to do is to import processes with publish state to a brand new environment and keep them publish (which means I don't need to make them publish manually after importing). I believe I wouldn't have a conflict in a brand new environment because it has no processes at all.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
#NAME?