cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extract text in a column field from a collection to another collection

MareenFlemming
Level 4
Hi guys, I need some help. In my Business case I have an Share Point list with different data. My process is reading the data and put it in a Collection. In one column I have text like this: last name, first name, email@mail.com; last name2, first name2, email2@mail.com; last name3, first name3, email3@mail.com; I need all this information in another collection to write this data in another step of the Business process. How can I extract this data from an collection to a second collection?   Thank you so much. Mareen
12 REPLIES 12

MarekSimon
Level 3
Hi, here I send one solution

MarekSimon
Level 3
Another solution. This is maybe easier for people not familiar with BP that much. This solution was suggested by my colleague. The idea is, that we replace SEMICOLON with new line feed, so we get comma separated values for each entry on separate row. Then you save the resulting string to a file, so the file looks like  last name, first name, email@mail.com  last name2, first name2, mail2@mail.com  last name3, first name3, email3@mail.com   Then, you can use Get CSV Text As Collection action from Utility - File Management object and load the file, ending up with nice collection you need.

MareenFlemming
Level 4
Wow, thank you so much.