cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to filter a collection - excel automation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,  I have an excel of over 1000 rows where in I have 2 fields say Employee Name and Salary. I need to filter it basis the salary>1000. I have read the data into collection and am trying to filter the collection using "Collection manipulation BO" and action "Filter collection". The input filter condition I gave is [Collection.Salary]>1000. But I do not get the desired results. Please suggest how to achieve this. Thanks
1 REPLY 1

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I just looked at the Process Examples - Collections and the syntax that gives seems to suggest your input should be ""[Salary]>1000"".  I guess because you are passing through the collection which could be renamed by the Filter Collection action itself the name of your collection is not used by the VBO code. Another option would be to use the OLEDB VBO to query your excel worksheet - it is fairly easy, effectively your spreadsheet can be queried as though it was a database.   There is lots of help on the internet about using OLEDB against Excel.   BTW - if the fact you did not look at the Process Examples means you do not know about our Process Templates which are available in the same page on the portal, I recommend you look at them as a matter of urgency.  Using process templates should be mandatory for all your solutions.