Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get started with ServiceAssist

HongJooChoi
Staff
Staff
Dear folk.

I started digging into the Service Assist and have some questions as a beginner in this service.

1. BP v7.0 seems not have been integrated with TrustPortal according to the installation guide. Is there any roadmap for integration with BP v7.x? 
2. Do I need a different BP license for 'Blue Prism for Service Assist' than what I'm using solely for Blue Prism automation?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

------------------------------
HongJoo Choi
5 REPLIES 5

Hello HongJoo, 

The current version of Service Assist has not yet been tested with BPv7.  The next version (v2022.1) is targetted to be released in April 2022 and will align with BP v7 and V7.1.  

Also, regarding the license - Service Assist requires extra infrastructure (app server, db server, Redis for cache, etc) and so it does require a separate license that is installed in that infrastructure.  There is also a different license that you will use in the BP infrastructure that will include your Service Assist-enabled BP Digital Workers once purchased (there is a different cost for Service Assist but is still licensed by Digital Worker like Blue Prism Enterprise today).  

If you are interested in speaking with someone about Service Assist, it's capabilities and what challenges it solves in the contact center, let me know where you are located and I can get you in touch with folks within your region to discuss further.  

Kindly, 
Rachael Burgon

Rachael Burgon
Solution Engineer
Blue Prism
America/New_York

Dear Rachael

Thank you for your kind explanation.

I'm from South Korea in APAC region and would appreciate if you can introduce someone we can talk to closely about the Service Assist.  
As I just began studying the product, I'm seeking for answers to the following questions in a short term.

- Reasonable approaches to customers (in Korea, most of customers are already using technically advanced solutions for call centers)
- Detailed license policy 
- How to use of Blue Prism's Sandbox for the Service Assist
- What I should prepare for to get used to the Service Assist 

Best regards

HongJoo Choi

Dear Rachel

I'm sorry that I just spotted that my introduction in the previous message was not enough.
I'm working for Blue Prism Korea in APAC region. As a professional service, I'm required to have an in-depth knowledge of Service Assist.

Regarding the Service Assist, I've been back and forth between IT service and persons who they say can send me an invitations to the sandbox called cloud share.
I've read through some articles (mainly marketing documents) regarding the Service Assist but
I'm afraid there has been no progress in having hands-on skills for it as I can't access the cloud share nor have any license required for using the Service Assist.

Could you help?

Best regards

HongJoo Choi

Hi HonJoo, I sent you a private message and will respond there as this is more of an internal discussion to Blue Prism/Blue Prism Korea. 

Kindly, 
Rachael

Rachael Burgon
Solution Engineer
Blue Prism
America/New_York

Hi Rachael Burgon,

I had an doubt regarding Licensing part. If we already had an enterprise license, whether we need to purchase new license for service assist or we can proceed with existing one.

Ramya Palanisamy