cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get user who launched a process

AntonioMelo
Level 3
Goodnight,

I need to know (within RPA code) the user who launched the current process, whether it was a specific blue prism user or the scheduler who carried out the execution.

It's possible?
Thanks!
António Melo

------------------------------
Antonio Melo
4 REPLIES 4

rsrivastava2
Level 5

These process are triggered by a feature in Blue Prism called Scheduler. This must have been set by someone with access to the system.

Scheduler are used to trigger process based on set events so no one actually trigger this but someone did set this up.

Hope this Helps!

WeitghtRPAMatey
WeitghtRPAMatey

Hi Rohit,
Thanks for the answer, but what I want to know is exactly if the process was launched by the scheduler or by a user, and if it was by a user which one is it?

I needed this information in my RPA code to record in the logs generated by the RPA.
HTTP commands for a runtime resource (Http reference) do not appear to give information about a running process, only its id.

Accessing the blueprism BD was another hypothesis, but I don't know how that can be done.

Can anyone help?
Many thanks,
António Melo

Antonio Melo

I don't think there is any way other than to query the database. The user ID is in BPASession.starteruserid, which you can see resolved to a name in BPVSessionInfo.starterusername

John Carter
Blue Prism

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hello @AntonioMelo

I understand that, within a running process execution (a Session), you want to see which user triggered the initial RPA process.

If so, within your process definition, you can use the function GetUserName() within a Calculation stage and store the output in a Text Data Item, then use this information however you like.

GetUserName() = Get the name of the user responsible for starting the current session, or empty text if no session is currently running.

13202.png

I hope this is what you are looking for and helps

Kind regards

Chris Strong

Senior Product Manager

SS&C | Blue Prism

Chris Strong
Senior Product Manager
SS&C | Blue Prism