cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle Apostrophe in Subject Line

sapna_soni0290
Level 5

Hi Team,

I have a scenario. I have 5-6 different subject lines which may come in the email. I want to store all of them into Enviornment variable via comma separated. In two of my subject lines apostrophe is coming in like - "Diner's club add". How can i pass this value of subject line with apostrophe into it as an input parameter to my email utility to extract the received emails. 

I am planning to first get the value from env var into a collection. So i have a collection with 1 column & 6 rows. I will use loop to get to the rows. The problem is its not able to pass the specific row which has  apostrophe. Getting Error -
Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Cannot parse condition. Error at "@SQL=urn:schemas:httpmail:subject LIKE '...".

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Mukeshh_k
MVP

@sapna soni : Here's the solution - it was just how it was being handled : Just replace the Subject like this and you will get your entry: 

35547.png
35548.png
35549.png

------------------------------
Kindly up vote this as "Best Answer" if it adds value or resolves your query in anyway possible, happy to help.

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar - Senior Automation Developer

NHS, England, United Kingdom, GB

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar

View answer in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hi Sapna Soni,

May be try to add quotes around aphostraphes before passing to outlook VBO and see that make any difference some thing like below screenshot.

Other approach:
You can add decision stage to verify whether the aphostraphes are present and  if it is present  break it down as before aphostraphes, Aphostraphes and after aphostraphes  as 3 different data items. before sending them  to outlook combine all the three data item and see whether you are still having that issue. 

35539.png

35540.png

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the Best Answer

Harish Mogulluri

sapna_soni0290
Level 5

Hi Harsih,
I have tried both your options but I am still getting the same error.

LakshmiNarayan3
Level 6

can you provide total condition, how you are passing

Regards
Lakshmi Narayana

sapna_soni0290
Level 5

Hi Laxmi,

I am having a collection row where the value is *Diner's club add* ,, now i am using a loop to pass this value to utility outlook email to read emails from outlook, Input parameter is [Subjectline.Value], there its throwing error.

Mukeshh_k
MVP

Hi @sapna soni - Just as a temporary arrangement until we find the concrete solution for these subject lines - I would use wildcards to keep it going and sort it to pick the latest ones by date or any cut off time & date , see if this works for you meanwhile until we find one ?

35544.png
35545.png
Kindly up vote this as "Best Answer" if it adds value or resolves your query in anyway possible, happy to help.

Regards,

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar

Mukeshh_k
MVP

@sapna soni : Here's the solution - it was just how it was being handled : Just replace the Subject like this and you will get your entry: 

35547.png
35548.png
35549.png

Regards,

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar

sapna_soni0290
Level 5

Hi Mukesh,

Thanks this solution works for me.

sapna_soni0290
Level 5

Hi,

I have another question around this situation. Is it possible to pass the subject ignoring the case ? Like in input parameter i am passing "*Diners club add*" but in my email subject its "Diners club ADD" or "Diners Club ADD", How can we ignore the case while passing the input & comparing both ? I know there is a way to read all emails coming in the duration(without any subject line) & then compare, but this looks a lengthy way. Is there any direct approach ?