cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to interact with an old Windows application that has no key shortcuts and Spy Mode doesn't recognize properly the objects?

SebastianPhilip
Level 2
Hello,

I've been working in a robot that needs to automate some manual navigation, some clicks here and there, some copy/pastes, etc. Whenever I use Identify (with Application Modeler) it doesn't recognize correctly the buttons or textboxes or anything actually. Also, the app is really old, so it doesn't have lot of shortcuts, for example, I can go up and down and navigate through some options but not go into one option (I have to double click here, no shortcut available). I used Global Double Mouse Click to do some clicks but there are some windows that Identify can't recognize, so I can't use Global Double Mouse Click on them. Are there any "recorder" options out there? or any way to work with mouse clicks recorder maybe?. Any help is welcome. Thank you.

------------------------------
Sebastian Philipps
2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
If you have not already done the surface automation training courses you should take them to help you with this application.  Image recognition with offset will find the application fields for you allowing you to click into them and send or paste text. 

Very old widows applications can sometimes take a while to figure out, Tey we're not always as accessibility compliant as modern apps. 

If you have already done the SA training and there is something about this app that does not work with image search/global clicks/send keys let us know and we can think again.

Denis Dennehy
Head of Customer Success, EMEA
Blue Prism Ltd
Europe/London

Thank you Denis, I just finished Foundation so I'll finish the other courses till I get to Surface Automation.

Sebastian Philipps