cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ui Elements Updating after Refresh/Loading the Browser

mradul.agrawal
Level 3

Dear Expert, 

Since we have upgraded BP 7.2 release, we are encountering the spying issue with Ui Elements. 

After Launching the Edge Browser BOT unable to recognize the Ui Element; however, it can identify the elements after reloading/refreshing the browser. that mean no issues with code only with some application properties. 

Any idea about this problem and any suggestions on this please.  

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

@mradul.agrawal - We have similar issue where we spied say username password in browser mode and 8/10 time it works fine. then we noticed that in 2/10 occasion, browser mode was not activated and failing.

so after launching the website, we spied refresh button in UIA mode and as soon as URL load, we load the web site and it was making the browser mode works which initially was not working. so that saves our effort in spying all further element in UIA mode and rest all element which are spied in browser mode also works.

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @mradul.agrawal ,

1. Use HTML mode if possible, it will save your processing time & provide good stability.
  2. If you have to use UI mode to spy the elements, do not rely on Process Id, it will change every time you launch or refresh the application.
  3. Properties of UI Mode which mostly remain stable are-
  • UIA Automation Id
  • UIA Name
  • UIA Control Type
  • UIA Enabled
  • Match Index

Combination of any of the above properties should be good to go, also ensure that your screen is active while these elements are being triggered on the screen.

Thanks

Shreya Satish Udagave Technical Architect | Associate Consultant Northern Trust Operating Services, Pune Email- [EmailAddress]

mradul.agrawal
Level 3

Hi Shreya,
Thanks for your response, 

I have already tried 'Browser' mode first for all the elements; however, there is another issue I have noticed that I can spy any elements in Browser Mode but, running through debug or full mode it can't verify the spied elements with Browser mode; that's the reason I have had to choose the Ui Modes.

Considering the Ui Stable Elements; I am only selecting these 5 only and they are working well but Ui Mode is not working at all unless I refresh or Reload the Browser.

• UIA Automation Id
  • UIA Name
  • UIA Control Type
  • UIA Enabled
  • Match Index

I have tried using the possible method. ie. Send Keys, Events, Using Focus and keyboad strokes but its not stable. 

Note - 1 -The application is Java Enabled for which I have already enabled the BP settings in control room. 

2 - I can't see the HTML mode in available spying modes with BP V7.2 

Any other suggestions/solutions or method to use Browser or Ui Elements, will be welcome . 

Thanks

Mradul Agrawal

RPA Tech Lead, Gurgaon.

@mradul.agrawal - We have similar issue where we spied say username password in browser mode and 8/10 time it works fine. then we noticed that in 2/10 occasion, browser mode was not activated and failing.

so after launching the website, we spied refresh button in UIA mode and as soon as URL load, we load the web site and it was making the browser mode works which initially was not working. so that saves our effort in spying all further element in UIA mode and rest all element which are spied in browser mode also works.

Hey Neel,

Thanks for recommending the solutions, I am using the same way to activate the browser (Refresh or Relaunch). This way sometime its working sometimes it's failing. 

I will try to use 'Multiple Reties' to refresh the browser and will implement this in code.

If you find any other stable solution which may help, can be of great help. 

Thanks

Mradul