cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate a work queue contents from one application server to another

DilipK
Level 3
HI Team,

How to migrate a work queue contents from one application server to another?

Currently we are migrating the all the process from one application server A to application server B.

The process in application server A is designed in such a way that it depends on the work queue and its contents which means, We have a logic to check if the queue item has already processed . So now if we import the process this logic will obviously fail because only the queue can be imported not its contents. Now in order to achieve this what would be probable solution? Eventually I have to load the contents into the new queue in the application server B .

Can we achieve this task by moving the  queue info from one DB to other?

Regards,
DK

------------------------------
Dilip K
Consultant
HCL Technologies
UTC
1 REPLY 1

DaveMorris
Level 14
I assume when you say migrate from one app server to another, you mean from one Blue Prism environment to another. Multiple app servers can use the same queue if they are both pointing to the same database.

You could probably have a DBA extract the data from Database A and insert into Database B, but honestly that would make me nervous. I'd probably go about it with a workaround but what would be safer. I'd determine what logic is used to verify whether the item exists in the queue already. I assume it's purely checking for the Item Key. If it is, then you don't really need the entire queue items. All you need is to extract a list of Item Keys which you could do from inside a Blue Prism process or by querying the DB directly, then read from excel or whatever into a collection in Blue Prism and use the Add To Queue action to load all of those into the queue using the values as the Item Keys, and then just loop over the same collection to mark them all completed.

I would personally never encourage manipulation of the database unless the person has a very good understanding of the database schemas.

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA