cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to take a screenshot and store it in blueprism

AndersNorlyk
Level 2

Hey everyone,

I think the subject title says it all. I am creating a process in which I am trying to take a screenshot from a website. However, I am not quiet sure as to which procedure I should take in order to do this as there does not seem to be any easy way to do is.

Does any of you have a good approach to this?

Thanks!

Best,
Anders

------------------------------
Anders Norlyk
Junior Analyst
Private
Europe/London
4 REPLIES 4

IngridOlsen
Level 4
Hi Anders
We have built a business object where we open a new Word document and paste the screenshot into the word document, and we then save it as PDF in a fileshare. I realise that it is not saved in BluePrism as you requested, but maybe you can use part of the approach anyway.

Also we are looking into getting a tool like ObserveIT which will take black/white screenshots during runtime - so if the purpose of the screenshot is to investigate errors, that might also be something to look into.

Best regards
Ingrid

Ingrid Olsen
Configurator and proces consultant
Forca
Europe/Copenhagen

dmma
Level 5
Hi there, 
There are possibly two approaches:
1. You can try and create object sending keys simulating pressing PrintScreen keyboard button and after that you can paste the screenshot by pressing CTRL+V.
2. Create a object with code block, making screenshot and saving it as a file on harddrive, so you can try and insert into any document you would like to.

Dmitrij Mamajev
RPA Developer
Volvo Cars
Gothenburg - Sweden
Kind regards, [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [CompanyName] [City] [State] [Phone]

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
​Most obvious is to use a VBO that takes screenshot and saves them somewhere.
You can probably store it as binary data in a queue or database for example, but that is not the best idea.

Andrey Kudinov
Project Manager
MobileTelesystems PJSC
Europe/Moscow

VivekGoel
Level 10
Hi,

The below link will help you.

https://rpatools.com/2019/02/playing-with-screenshots-and-clipboard-images-blue-prism/

Vivek Goel
RPA Architect
Asia/Singapore
+6594554364
https://www.rpatools.com/