cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use "Session - Expose the data item to Control Room"?

DennisLaursen
Level 4
In a process, Data items can be set to "Session - Expose the data item to Control Room. But I don't know how to use them properly. As far as I have understood, this exposure setting should let the particular item be editable in the Control Room. But nothing shows up, when I under the Session Management pull my process into an Available Resource, and set the Startup Parameters. Only data items I set as parameters in the Start stage on my Main Page in the process, are available as Startup Parameters. I have tried to find an answer in the Foundation training course, and in the BP Portal, but couldn€™t find any. So my question is: How to use "Session - Expose the data item to Control Room"? And what is this doing exactly?
2 REPLIES 2

Graeme__Tacon
Level 6
Hi, Session variables will be available in the Control Room when the process is executing. Click on the running process in Control Room and then click 'Show Session Variables' - you should session variables for that process see at the bottom of the screen, where you can change them. Graeme

DennisLaursen
Level 4
OK, thanks for the answer. So there is a functionality-wise difference between ""Session - Expose the data item to Control Room"", and input data in Main Page Start stage, as I understand it.