Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IIS port and Blue Prism app Server Port

HamzaSiddiq
Level 3

Hi Team,

I'm currently trying to figure out

If I stop BP service on my Blue Prims Application Server, how to know which port would its configured on?

The IIS will still be running.

When I'm testing and setting up an Altert, when I stop the server the port it's configured on still shows up. It only goes down if I stop IIS service.

How to identify the ports for App Server and IIS is using?

------------------------------
Hamza Siddiq
5 REPLIES 5

Regarding app server, go  to below path and open 'bp app server'. Open the configuration and you can able to see the port configuration

Also for IIS please give me some more details what exactly your doing with IIS. 

path: C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\BPServer.exe

Best Regards,
Devendran Venkatesh
RPA - Technical Architect |
Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Phone. +966-556784162
Best Regards, Devendran Venkatesh RPA - Technical Architect | Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Hi Dev,

Trying to setup an altering system when app server is down.

When I stop the App server from running and monitor the port 8199 it still shows as being up.

We connect to IIS page remotely to check the status.

So when I stop IIS application, that's only when I see down alert of application being down (regardless if app server is up or down)

Confusion is, how can this be possible if sever is configured on 8199 and monitoring is for port 8199.

Hamza Siddiq

Hi Hamza,

When you stop the App sever, it should stop the default port 8199 where its running on, you can create another port and use that port for monitoring instead of the default port.

You can use this command to activate different port.

"C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\Automate.exe" /resourcepc /public /port 8992

Nandita R
RPA Developer
Qualesce India Pvt Ltd
Bangalore Karnataka

Nandita R RPA Developer Qualesce India Pvt Ltd Bangalore Karnataka

If possible, Can you please share me the IIS configuration screen shot to check further?

Best Regards,
Devendran Venkatesh
RPA - Technical Architect |
Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Phone. +966-556784162
Best Regards, Devendran Venkatesh RPA - Technical Architect | Riyadh 11413, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Hi Dev, I have found another way of checking the Status of App Server by running this command.

Invoke-WebRequest -Uri 'http://localhost:8421/status'
Do you know how would I find out which port my Webservices are running which I can run this on App Server to get code 200?
Any pointers you can give to enable the webservice? 

The main reason is: If I can run above invoke command and on App Server and the response of this 200 or whatever can be saved and consumed by the 3rd party ?

Hamza Siddiq