cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas/Enhancements

Jason_Acton
Level 3
After having used the Blue Prism product for a few months now, our team has identified several items which, depending on one's perspective, could be considered bugs OR requests for enhancements. We'd like to share some of these with the forum and see if anyone else can corroborate these experiences, or if Blue Prism staff are aware of and actively working on any of these items - 1.) Toolbars and app elements do not stay where they last were placed in the Blue Prism application. -When working within the Blue Prism application (Object/Process Studio), placement of utility and tool bars is not saved within the application and resets to defaults when closing/opening any given object/process. This is mildly annoying to developers (who can get quite accustomed to their particular operating and working environments) and should be easy enough to fix. 2.) BP dialogue windows do not "pop to the front" or play an audible sound when they have locked the application and require a response -Dialogue boxes in the Blue Prism studios sometimes require input or acknowledgement and "lock out" other BP application windows, but do not pop to the front of all open BP windows or otherwise make themselves clearly visible and indicating they require acknowledgment. This is prohibitive when multiple windows and studio environments are open for development, making it unclear what window or dialogue box requires attention or acknowledgement before moving forward. It would be advantageous if Blue Prism would force the window(s) requiring input to the front of all current BP application windows when this occurs. 3.) Link stage maintains original wait element text when copying from one object to another -After copying one Business Object page to another Business Object, the wait stage that is pasted does not dynamically update when the element of the wait stage is changed/modified for the context of the new Business Object. After modifying the wait stage element and value of the wait stage (in the copied object), the text linking from the anchor point to the next stage remains as it existed in the source Business Object. 4.) Unable to resize multiple stages - When selecting more than one stage (i.e., a set of Navigate, Read, and Write stages that compose a single application action of some sort), the ability to resize all of the shapes at the same time is lost. It would be advantageous to be able to select multiple stages on a given page, and resize them in a collective group, rather than on a one by one basis. 5.) Unable to use arrow keys to move stage shapes - When selecting a stage shape, the only way to move the stage around in the workspace is to use your mouse by click and drag methodoogy. It would be a nice feature to be able to use arrow keys as well for fine-tuned placement of stages. 6.) Targeted Collection row removal - Current BP logic requires loop stages through collections in order to "target" any given row for removal or deletion. It would be beneficial if there were some sort of "Remove Target Row" option or object that could quickly and easily address this. 7.) "Click & Drag" of stages in workspace can cause extreme shifting of workspace sroll bars/scale. - If multiple stages are selected and a click and drag function is initiated (hold left-click to move all items simultaneously), AND the cursor/stages are brought near an edge of the displayed workspace (horizontal or vertical edge), the application can engage automatic scrolling (horizontally or vertically) in an "extreme" scale, which is difficult to effectively clean up without arduous zooming in/out and restoration of relative stage positions. It would be very beneficial if this effect could be controlled either by means of a slider value or option that would allow for more granular control of this scaling. Please let me know if any logs or further information can be provided to support these reports/requests, and thank you all for your time and consideration!
8 REPLIES 8

Hi Jason, thank you for taking the time to share those suggestions with us. I will ensure that they are reviewed by the product team and, where appropriate, added to the roadmap. I would like to further understand the third suggestion and I will contact you separately in relation to that.

AlexHowarth
Level 3
I'm familiar with all 7 items. 1 - 5 don't annoy me too much. 6 would be very useful. 7 really grinds my gears!

PeterLloyd
Level 2
Great post Jason, I echo Alex's comments!

Graeme__Tacon
Level 6
I've only been using BP for a few weeks, but one thing that has caught me out a few times now is when you press ESC when in the Application Modeller - it has the same clicking Cancel - all your changes are lost - there is no 'You'll lose any changes - Are you sure ?' pop-up. I'm not sure how feasible this is, but colour coding of all the elements of a process/object when using 'Test a process/object'. i.e The element remains red if it wasn't executed, yellow if only parts of it have been executed, green if all paths were executed. It would give you a very quick way of determining which part(s) of your process/object weren't 'hit' by your test pack.

Hi Graeme, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and suggest some improvements to the product. I have logged this with the product team and they will be reviewed for subsequent inclusion in a future release of Blue Prism. Thanks Kev Whittingham

Graeme__Tacon
Level 6
and another one!! In System Manager, you can compare versions of objects/processes with previous ones. You don't have the option to either export, copy from or revert to a previous version.

Hi Graeme You should be able to export from the comparison window. From the File menu in that window, there should be options to Export either the Left or Right side of the comparison. Regards Sam

6) it just would be nice to not have to custom code hash maps! 7 is annoying! Also everytime you edit a choice object, all of the ""anchors"" on the choice object go back to a default position! Super annoying