cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Crendentials

Carol__Ouellet
Level 5
Hello, Is it possible to import credentials from one environment to another? I want to import my prod credentials to my UAT envrionment without having to write them all down again. They share the same credentials key. Trying through release manager, I get the below error message: The user name and password on a credential cannot be transferred. Please supply the use name and password for this credential or skip import.     thanks Carol
1 REPLY 1

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
It probably would be possible to write some kind of process that saves all credentials to a file and then another process that loads them.  The problem is I do not thing that you should be using Prod environment credentials in lower environments under any circumstances - and you should not have access to production to be able to access them or export them.  If you do have that kind of production access then it would be a security concern.  If you want to test against production data in a lower environment, you should have credentials used only in your lower environment.