cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial Startup Parameters for scheduler

RobertRoginer
Level 6
It is Possible to set startup Parameters "initial" for scheduler?

I want that the Startupparemters are fix, but changable

31151.png
When i create a scheduler, the fields are blank and not filled with the intial value that i want:

31152.png

------------------------------
Robert Roginer
RPA Modeller
Mainova
Europe/Berlin
1 BEST ANSWER

Helpful Answers

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Robert if the Startup Parameters are left blank, then the corresponding data items will assume their default/initial values. But if your question is 'can I make the initial values of data items appear in the Startup Parameters UI?', then I think the answer is 'No'.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Robert if the Startup Parameters are left blank, then the corresponding data items will assume their default/initial values. But if your question is 'can I make the initial values of data items appear in the Startup Parameters UI?', then I think the answer is 'No'.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Hi Robert,

As John mentioned previously, a schedule cannot read initial values from the process but you can set initial Startup values when you create a Task in a schedule.

Below I have created a schedule named 'ABC Process' in the Scheduler and this schedule will call a task named 'Task 1'.

31139.png

Now navigate to Task 1, drag and drop the process you want to run on an available resource of your choice. An entry will appear in the Scheduled Sessions with the Process Name and Resource Name. Right Click on the entry and click Startup Parameters like below.

31140.png
The final step is to provide your "initial" values which you want and click Save. Also, don't forget to click Apply Changes and this will save your initial values in the Startup parameters.
31141.png

These Startup parameters will remain fixed for each process run and they can be changed as per the requirement. Any value that you provide in the Startup parameters will be overwritten in the corresponding data item when the process runs.

Vikrant Sharma
Senior Solution Designer
Blue Prism
Vikrant Sharma Senior Solution Designer Blue Prism

Thanks, maybe i test the option of vikrant

Robert Roginer
RPA Modeller
Mainova
Europe/Berlin

Hello John i tested it, when the start up Parameters are Blank, the data items not assumed the default / inital values.

Robert Roginer
RPA Modeller
Mainova
Europe/Berlin