cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interact Form Integration in third party Portal

Hi,

I have a following use case 

Here is the requirement:

1. A client goes to vendor Portal and authenticate himself with 2FA (this is achieved by vendor IT)
  2. Within the portal there will be a link(s) or tiles to various activities which client can perform.
  3. When the client clicks on the link/tile it opens another portal or within the same portal a form (Interact form) without additional authentication required and (nice to have with client details pre-populated).
  4. So that there is no requirement for another authentication and entering data in the form which we already know about the client.

My question is whether this use case is technically feasible with Interact. 

Thanks.

Regards,

Zdenek

------------------------------
Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague
4 REPLIES 4

joefarr
Staff
Staff
Hi Zdeněk

I can definitely see that this would be useful but I don't think it is
currently possible with Interact. The client would have to log in when they clicked the link and this would bring them to the Interact Home page where they would see all forms they are authorized to complete. In terms of the pre-population of a form, it may be possible depending on your use case. You could have digital worker to populate a form in the background and then place it in the inbox for the user to work, which they would see as an outstanding item when they log in to Interact. 

The planned Public Forms feature may help you in this type of use case and you can check our more details on our Product Roadmap here.

Thanks for the great question and please let us know how you proceed with this one.

Joe Farr
Product Consultant
Blue Prism Limited

Hi, Joe,

thanks a lot for prompt response. 

I would have an additional question - I am struggling to believe about the impossibility of the use case :). Interact supports LDAP authentication so it can be integrated with MS AD, right? If it a user can be authenticated through MS AD and the organization would support SSO can't it be sufficient technical prerequisite to achieve what I described?

I am not expert in this area so bear with me and my naive ideas.

Regards,

Zdenek

Zdeněk Kabátek
NEOOPS
Europe/Prague

Hi Zdeněk

I've looked into this for you and it's definitely not currently supported with Interact. The current architecture means that the session closes when Interact is closed and it doesn't continue in the background, so every time Interact is launched, it requires login. The LDAP integration in Interact is for the syncing of user profiles, rather than their authentication as in your use case.

Thanks

Joe Farr
Product Consultant
Blue Prism Limited

Hello, Joe,

thanks for this. This is definitely helpful!

Regards,

Zdenek

Zdeněk Kabátek
NEOOPS
Europe/Prague