cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Error: External Appman Reader thread exited before response from query

RichardVan_Hek
Level 2
Hello,

I'm getting this error in two situations (two different processes). 

I want to attach an attachment to a mail (O365). After opening a new mail and attaching to Outlook  I want to click on the attach file button in O365. I have spied this button in Accessibility Mode. When stepping through or debugging this part the attach file dropdown menu appears correctly (in development on local machine). In production I'm getting this internal error (on a VDI). I have been monitoring with VNC viewer. Yes a new mail has been opened. After that something is happening (some flashing) but the dropdown does not appear.

The same error is created when I want to select and copy (with "^a" and "^c" in the navigate stage) the message from the mail (O365). 

I read a suggestion about the Application manager Mode. It's on external 32bits now. Should it work when changing this to external 64bits. What does this do? 

Thanks.

Regards,

Richard

------------------------------
Richard Van Hek
Back office employee
Aegon
Europe/Amsterdam
1 REPLY 1

ewilson
Staff
Staff
I'm not sure about the suggestion you're referring to. Is this a local instance of Outlook on the runtime resource, or are you interacting with it via the browser? If it's a local instance have you considered using the Outlook VBO as opposed to automating the UI?

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism