cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Outlook Email VBO

EmmaZhang
Level 2
​​Hi guys,

We use MS Outlook Email VBO - Get Received Items to get emails from Outlook 2013 and it works fine. But after we upgrade Outlook to 2016, this error occurs: Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Cannot create ActiveX component. We've checked that Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll is added in Code Options and Namespace Imports.

Anyone could help us on this? Thanks in advance.

------------------------------
Emma Zhang
Data Analyst
AIG
Asia/Shanghai
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Emma,
Thanks for contacting Blue Prism. 

The "...Cannot create ActiveX component" error is a general error often seen in the context of interactions with Microsoft Office components. 

This error means that a request was made to create a Microsoft Office (or other COM-dependent application) using a Visual Basic (VB) call, but failed to create the Object (e.g. a Word document, an Excel spreadsheet, etc).

The VB call may have derived from a Blue Prism Visual Business Object, but the error is created by the Microsoft product being invoked in the context of the logged-on user and the machine on which the call is made. It may therefore be dependent upon the specific machine on which it is seen, or the user account logged on to that machine.

For more information about possible causes of, and solutions for this error, please check the following sources:

Additionally, try searching the Microsoft website for further information relating to this error.

Many Thanks
Kind Regards

Andrea Vezzoni
Customer Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Andrea Vezzoni Customer Support Engineer Blue Prism

Hey Emma,

we encountered also a lot of issues and challenges when using MS Outlook VBO and locally installed Outlook clients – also when it comes to use several group email boxes, etc.

For us it was best to use the EWS VBO instead – with this you can do most actions regarding the emails and also folders and moving emails etc. without using a locally installed Outlook client and the possibility to use totally different credentials / mailbox for each process designed.

You can check it out here à https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/16835/solution/ms-exchange-functions---agilify

Regards

Patrick Müller

Smart Process Automation

Merck Business Services

Merck

Merck KGaA | Waldstr. 3 | 64331 Weiterstadt | Germany

This message and any attachment are confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to any other person. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment from your system. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its subsidiaries do not accept liability for any omissions or errors in this message which may arise as a result of E-Mail-transmission or for damages resulting from any unauthorized changes of the content of this message and any attachment thereto. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its subsidiaries do not guarantee that this message is free of viruses and does not accept liability for any damages caused by any virus transmitted therewith.

Click http://www.merckgroup.com/disclaimer to access the German, French, Spanish and Portuguese versions of this disclaimer.

I agree. MapiEx keeps crashing, Outlook VBO requires Outlook client and interop has its own issues, SMTP is good as long as you just need to send mail.
I use EWS object for my processes, although I haven't tested it with office 365, only with on-premises Exchange.

https://github.com/aikudinov/BlueprismVBO - there is a EWS object and MapiEx wrapper object (optional). It could use some additional tweaking on things we don't need. Folder handling is a bit overcomplicated, because I tried to work around corner cases. Could use some documentation and examples I guess. My version uses EWS dlls directly. 

Although Agilify VBO seems to have more features now.

Andrey Kudinov
Project Manager
MobileTelesystems PJSC
Europe/Moscow

ewilson
Staff
Staff
When you upgraded to Microsoft Outlook 2016 did you install the 64-bit version or the 32-bit version? The MapiEX solution only supports 32-bit Outlook as far as I know.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism