cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Error Get Next Item

JoanaRebelo
Level 2
Hi all,

When I use the action "Get Next Item" sometimes I'm getting the following internal exception "The collection has no current row". There are items in the queue and items have data.
Any ideas about this issue?

Thanks and regards

------------------------------
Joana Rebelo
4 REPLIES 4

GauravDhiman
Level 5
Hi Joana,
Thanks for posting,
The internal error which you have described could have some reasons looking at the information in the query raised:

-check if there is any filter you have applied in get next item action stage.and work queue are not picking up that particular case and adding to collection.
-how are you manipulating collection i.e "Collection" Business Object or  "Collection Manipulation",with "add row" action of "collection" VBO we need to keep one empty initial row with field names, 
-If you are facing this problem when you use different data sets ,check in the incoming data if field labels are same in every data set.

Also ,If you can describe in few more steps in reverse about process,may be we can inch more towards resolution.

regards 

Gaurav

Gaurav Dhiman
Gaurav Dhiman RPA developer,ROM Architect Melbourne,VIC,Australia 0413 930 960

AmadorYranon
Level 3
Get Next Item action should not be throwing an error when applied to a queue.  it will return a blank item id.  Get Next Item is specific to Work Queues not Collections.

Use Loop to iterate with collections.

kindly copy and paste your definition of your Get Next Item in your post.  maybe I can find out the issue

Amador Yranon

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Joana - immediately after Get Next Item you need a Decision with the expression [Item ID]<>""

The Yes path from this Decision indicates that you have an item and the collection contains 1 row. The No path implies that the collection will be empty.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

HI all,

Thank you for the answers.
The process starts to looking for cases to work in a external queue. I use lock environment to ensure that only machine is adding items to BP queue.
If item to be work is found, add to queue and return true. If no item found  or no lock is returned, the page return false.
In Main Page, immediately after Add To Queue page I have a decision to check if an item is found. If Item was found, I used Get Next Item with Key Filter = [Item Data.Item Key].
The error could be from the fact that I'm using the value from Item Data collection. But it only access to this point if page return true and Item Data is populated and add to queue.
Additionally this error only happen sometimes.

Thanks for the help

Joana Rebelo
Consultant
Millennium bcp
Europe/London