cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal error when launching web app (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

StefanPappalard
Level 7
Sometimes the following error appears after launching an web application in Internet Explorer (iexplore). "Internal: Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage €šLaunch' on page €šLaunch' €“ Zugriff verweigert (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))" The error is not safely reproducable. Sometimes it appears after 5 restarts (close & launch), and sometimes it apears after 14 restarts. In one case it appeared immediately after resetting and detaching and running again. Please, is there anyone who can help? Thanks
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I am not sure I have seen this before, worth making sure you are using version 5.0.23 or later as that release is certified for Windows 10 and includes changes in the previsous release specific to IE11. It looks like some kind of security setting in IE or in the Application that is causing the issue. As I starting point I would experiment with how I start the app. Have you tried starting via command line and then attaching rather than just using launch? That would involve a combination of the Start Process and Wait for Window actions in the environment utility object. Then attaching to the IE window title.

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I am not sure I have seen this before, worth making sure you are using version 5.0.23 or later as that release is certified for Windows 10 and includes changes in the previsous release specific to IE11. It looks like some kind of security setting in IE or in the Application that is causing the issue. As I starting point I would experiment with how I start the app. Have you tried starting via command line and then attaching rather than just using launch? That would involve a combination of the Start Process and Wait for Window actions in the environment utility object. Then attaching to the IE window title.

StefanPappalard
Level 7
I've tried using Start Process instead of Launch. It is not that comfortable, but it did the trick. The internal exception does not appear any more, not even after 60 restarts. Thank you very much for your help. By the way it's Blue Prism version 5.0.18.