cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is BluePrism supports SIEBEL 8.0.0.13 version ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I would like to know which version of SIEBEL is supported by BluePrism tool ? My organization is currently using earlier version of SIEBEL (8.0.0.13). Current Blue Prism tool can able to interact with SIEBEL 8 ? Any help is greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Siebel comes in many shapes and sizes - it can be browser based, it can be a locally installed windows application, and it can be massively modified and bespoked by each organisation to look and behave differently. If it is a browser application you wish to interface with, than you should be fine, my one bit of advice would be to ensure that each robot user is set up in the same way, from memory Siebel can have a lot of user specific settings. If it is the local install you are using than our Windows/Accessibility/Surface Automation interfaces should give you everything you need to be able to interact with screens. You could also reach out to your Blue Prism mentor/DEM in relation to potentially using a Siebel API object that has been used at previous Blue Prism clients for Siebel versions 6 onwards.

gowdamadhu
Level 2
Hi Archana How did you interact Siebel 8 applications? I'm using SIEBEL 8.1.1.8 version web based application. I need suggestion here Thanks Madhu

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
You have two options, either interface with the UI like any other application or look into using a Siebel API. When we interface with Siebel in the past we had access to client Siebel developer resources to help us, if you do not have that than going down the API route might be very problematic for you. The API we used previously was SiebelDataControl.SiebelDataControl.1. My understanding is that it requires full Siebel thick client installation so that the required dll and config file are installed for the API to work. You can then read and set individual field values (it is possible to have siebel object, component, and field values for each API call - this can be got for each field from the Siebel UI).

adityakumar2
Level 3
Hi Denis, I would like an input from you regarding java spy mode which we have tried to spy our siebel application 8.1.1.8 as pointed by Madhu. We were unable to spy using java mode. Let us know , if possible, why this mode fails. Is it wrong to use this mode here? Thanks.