cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is command line deployment possible for bots ?

SUMEETMANGLESH
Level 3
Hi Team, Just out of curiosity I wanted to know that is there any way we can deploy bots(.bprelease) using the command line. Until now I have imported the releases by login into BP and using import option. I wanted to think on a dev ops prospective for deployment of bots in production. Thanks in advance. Regards, Sumeet Manglesh
2 REPLIES 2

LuXu
Level 3
You'll be able to import process, object, and update environment variables, but I haven't seen being able to import a package In knowledge base, there is a topic about what can be achieved using command line

TomCirone
Level 6
A BP Release and individual objects/processes are all just XML files.  It is possible to break down the release into these separate items (utility - Strings - GET XML Elements) and then use the command line interface to import them each separately (using /overwrite /forced).  I've done a PoC of this and it does work but haven't used it much in practice year.  Not sure why BP doesn't allow import of releases through command line.  It does seem to limit the ability to have a Dev-ops like way of working out of the box.