cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to schedule a task to the second working day of the month?

Sheen_AnGoh
Level 2
Right now, in the scheduler, we can only schedule the task to the last working day or first working day of the month/ monthly. Is there a way to schedule the task to the second working day of the month? 
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having a very similar problem! Of course a 'calendar sub-process' could be created which would make the decision whether to start process or not nevertheless it would be a waste of a resource time which could be utilized elsewhere. In my opinion the following scheduler improvements should be considered: 1. Instead of drop down having First and Last working options, they should allow 'working day number' to be entered. 2. Combinations of monthly/weekly + hourly/minutely schedules would be useful to allow scheduling of processes with more complex scheduling requirements - e.g. every 3h, between 8AM and 7PM, only during the first 6 working days. If I'm missing something and the above is already in place please let do let me know!   Thanks.  

PeterLomi
Level 3
I will assume that your only working days are on weekdays, and never on weekends.  Create a new Schedule called ""2nd Working Day of the Month"".  In the Working Week section, select Monday - Friday.  Saturday and Sunday should be unchecked.  Select your Public Holidays, if they are available in the dropdown list.  Now, in the Other Holidays section, manually add the dates of the 1st working day of each month in the year.  By doing this, you are identifying these dates as non-working dates.  In your schedule, select the ""Only on days in the"" dropdown and choose your new ""2nd Working Day of the Month"" calendar.  Your schedule will now exclude the first weekday of the month.  Similarly, you can apply this to any number of working days.  For example, I created a calendar called ""5th Working Day of the Month"", and I've manually entered the first 4 business days of each month, along with the Monday holidays that we have in the U.S.  These calendars do require annual maintenance, but it is currently the only way to accomplish what you're trying to do.  Best Regards!