cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Processes in production - Bot VM

VeluruNeelakant
Level 2
Hi people, A few processes in production are scheduled. Sometimes they are executed successfully but not everytime. But if the VM is logged out and re logged in before executing the processes, they are executed successfully. I know RDP is not a compatible tool with BP but we are not logging into the Bot VM manually using RDP.  The processes are run once in a day. They access an application whose credentials are tied to an AD group. The Bot service account has been added to that AD group.The following errors are encountered: 1) Unable to launch the application 2) Foreground error But if the Bot machine [VM] is logged out and re logged in just before the process schedule, the processes are executed successfully. I have gone through the forums but could not find a similar kind of post. Kindly help!!!
4 REPLIES 4

MelissaSuarez_G
Level 6
It sounds like the process is not closing the application at the end or it's leaving some processes running in the background. I used to have a similar problem with a Java application. I solved it by creating a process that runs during non-working hours that restarts the runtime resource using CMD and then log in using the login agent.

VeluruNeelakant
Level 2
Thanks Melissa for the reply. The applications are properly closed. I guess a few people are accessing the Bot VM using RDP and disconnecting it. That's where the problem lies. 

VeluruNeelakant
Level 2
Will it help if i schedule logging off and re logging in using login agent just before the processes run time ? or do i need to create a process to restart the VM once in a day?

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
The answer is to stop everyone from using RDP to connect to your virtualised PCs - the issue is just going to keep happening otherwise.  There is a remote access data sheet on this portal that recommends some tools that can be used instead.