cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with process : Not recognizing an element

NarayanShrawagi
Level 6
Hi, I am automating an browser task. In that after logging in to the website, I am searching some text and then once that text comes up , clicking on the tab and doing the further operation. When I executed it directly from object, it executed successfully but when I executed it by calling same object from process, it stuck after searching the text, not able to recognize the the tab that comes up . I even added a wait stage with a label element "Check Exist" (just to verify if I am on right tab), even teh wait time is of 15 sec. Everything works well when I directly run the object but it didnt work when I run the same object via process. Also other elements of this objects are running fine directly as well as through process, so I thought of alighning "Properties " for the spy element of this tab with other elements, still no luck. Object is accepting two elemements of type text from process. Please can someone provide some direction.
Narayan
7 REPLIES 7

NarayanShrawagi
Level 6
I have also tried with Parent Loaded method in wait stage before this new tab as well as spying the page in Win32 mode and using Activate Application method, but it didnt helped.
Narayan

NarayanShrawagi
Level 6
Please can anyone suggest workaround for this?
Narayan

NarayanShrawagi
Level 6
Please can someone guide on this issue
Narayan

Anonymous
Not applicable
What exactly is the error message you're getting?

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
The statement 'Everything works well when I directly run the object but it didnt work when I run the same object via process' suggests that the relatively slow speed of object studio is what makes the logic work, and the increase in speed from process studio is exposing weaknesses in synchronisation. I suggest you look again at your wait stages and re-read the Browser Automation guide for an understanding of the other wait conditions available for HTML integration, such as Parent Document Loaded.

AndrzejSzady
Level 3
Have same problem here. It's not about the speed since I'm debugging the process stage by stage manually and I'm deliberately waiting for the application to load every single stage.

UrvijaBabanjee
Level 3
You try once by unchecking the Parent URL attribute option in Application modeler window for this particular element that is failing. Also once the process has failed, have the application that is loaded by your process as it is after failure and load the application modeler now in object studio and try to identify the element now. Same error will be seen here as well and application wont be able to recognize this element. Now you manipulate Attributes of this element in Application Modeler to make it uniquely identify this element on your web application.