cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with 'read text with ocr'

CharishmaAgaram
Level 5
Hi All, I am trying to read text from command prompt using reader stage. I have captured area to be read in command prompt using region mode. I have used reader stage and in reader stage, i have choosed 'read text with ocr' I am able to read text from command prompt but issue is in command prompt text is present in 2 lines like 'IP addr: XXXX Subnet mask:XXX' But I am getting this in single line. I want output in 2 lines as it is in command prompt. Please help with any suggestion
3 REPLIES 3

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Hi I'm afraid Read Text with OCR cannot read the newline character. One possible way is that if you know the second line's starting charcters such as ""Subnet"", you can break the text line into two lines using String functions. Hope this helps.

IvanGordeyev
Level 5
There are multiple ways you can do this. You might be able to do this straight away: Using business object - 'Utility - Strings' Action - 'Split Lines'. This will create a collection from a text. You might need to a save log from command prompt first. Also you can look for spaces and for fixed length or for specific words using InStr(

NeelimaChorbele
Level 2
You may use your commands with Clip , like ipconfig | Clip - this will put the output of command prompt on Clipboard, then you can use Get Clipboard action of Environment Utility to store it in a variable. Regards, Neelima