cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues While Installing

amitmohanty
Level 2
Hi All,

I am trying to install trail version in my system. Just after I set Admin Credentials. I get following error.
11318.png

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.LocalDatabaseInstaller.get_a()
at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.LocalDatabaseInstaller.get_DatabaseExists()
at AutomateUI.WelcomeWizard.h(Object iir, DoWorkEventArgs iis)

Can you help me find this solution?

Thanks in advance

------------------------------
amit mohanty
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hello Amit,

To begin, for future reference, you do not need to uninstall Blue Prism to switch between the Blue Prism Trial and Learning Edition.  Likewise, if you have a new License, for example you can request another Learning Edition license should you want another 90 days, you do not need to uninstall Blue Prism.

Instead, simply install a new license: How do I install a Blue Prism license?

Tip: If you are going from the Blue Prism Trial to Learning Edition, you will need to remove the existing license first.  There is a Remove option next to each installed license.

To completely remove Blue Prism from your system:

As its previously worked, I suspect when you clear down and reinstall, everything should work again.  I suspect that Microsoft SQL Server 2017 LocalDB thinks the Blue Prism instance and database is still there, but you have removed them from the file system.

It would be good for the community if you let us know how you get on.  This will help the next person who see's this error.

Chris Strong
Product Owner
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

18 REPLIES 18

VivekGoel
Level 10
Can you elaborate how to reproduce this error? It seems like a database instance related error. 

Check if the SQL Server service is up and running.

Vivek Goel
RPA Architect
Asia/Singapore
+6594554364
https://www.rpatools.com/
"If you like this post, please press the "Recommend" Button.

Hi Vivek,

Let me be honest I already had a 30 day trial Blue prism evaluation version in my system for learning purpose. To renew the Evaluation version I re enrolled using a new Email ID for further 30 days period. 

But while reinstalling the new .msi file. I got this error. I looked every where in my system for any trace of Blueprism that is being left on uninstalling of 1st version nothing was found.
Also searched regedit for any left parameters. Still no success.

------Original Message------

Can you elaborate how to reproduce this error? It seems like a database instance related error. 

Check if the SQL Server service is up and running.

Vivek Goel
RPA Architect
Asia/Singapore
+6594554364

Hello Amit,

To begin, for future reference, you do not need to uninstall Blue Prism to switch between the Blue Prism Trial and Learning Edition.  Likewise, if you have a new License, for example you can request another Learning Edition license should you want another 90 days, you do not need to uninstall Blue Prism.

Instead, simply install a new license: How do I install a Blue Prism license?

Tip: If you are going from the Blue Prism Trial to Learning Edition, you will need to remove the existing license first.  There is a Remove option next to each installed license.

To completely remove Blue Prism from your system:

As its previously worked, I suspect when you clear down and reinstall, everything should work again.  I suspect that Microsoft SQL Server 2017 LocalDB thinks the Blue Prism instance and database is still there, but you have removed them from the file system.

It would be good for the community if you let us know how you get on.  This will help the next person who see's this error.

Chris Strong
Product Owner
Blue Prism

Thank you for the response mate and the information is absolutely correct.

Hope it helps the original author of the thread amit mohanty. 🙂

Vivek Goel
RPA Architect
Asia/Singapore

Thank you for the note Vivek, I've corrected my post to address Amit 😊

Amit, we've not yet been able to recreate internally to attempt to catch and prevent the issue in future. 

If you could let us know how you get on, and what is different from the steps you took vs. to complete steps to remove, we'll attempt to prevent the issue in future.

Chris Strong
Product Owner
Blue Prism

Hello Amit,

Question: Did you manage to resolve your issue with the steps above?

I'm interested to know so that we can attempt to catch and prevent the issue in future.  So far, I've been unable to replicate the issue.

Chris Strong
Product Owner
Blue Prism

BalramBhardwaj
Level 3

I am also facing the exact same issue, i don't know how to install learning setup from blueprism
i have already installed sql management server 2017

Please help me installs blue prism setup.

Balram Bhardwaj

Hello Balram,

Question: Have you previously had Blue Prism setup and running on this computer?

Rationale for asking: This error has been reported a few times and up to now we've been unable to replicate to prevent it happening.  It seems to occur when someone setups up Blue Prism Trial or Learning Edition, then removes some of it and attempts to install it again.  The reason for my question is to understand whether you have received the error is a similar way to other people or there is something else causing the issue.

To resolve the issue, the following steps seems to have resolved for other people:

Completely remove Blue Prism from your system and install Blue Prism Trial or Learning Edition again:

As its previously worked, I suspect when you clear down and reinstall, everything should work again.  I suspect that Microsoft SQL Server 2017 LocalDB thinks the Blue Prism instance and database is still there, but you have removed them from the file system.

It would be good for the community if you let us know how you get on.  This will help the next person who sees this error.

Chris Strong
Product Manager
Blue Prism

Thanks for your reply
I am installing BP first time this machine.
In first attempt to install BP it did went up to connection string setup screen where I was not able to figure out something then I thought I ll install later.
After that am getting this error right after the password screen.

Regards balram 

------Original Message------

Hello Balram,

Question: Have you previously had Blue Prism setup and running on this computer?

Rationale for asking: This error has been reported a few times and up to now we've been unable to replicate to prevent it happening.  It seems to occur when someone setups up Blue Prism Trial or Learning Edition, then removes some of it and attempts to install it again.  The reason for my question is to understand whether you have received the error is a similar way to other people or there is something else causing the issue.

To resolve the issue, the following steps seems to have resolved for other people:

Completely remove Blue Prism from your system and install Blue Prism Trial r Learning Edition again:

As its previously worked, I suspect when you clear down and reinstall, everything should work again.  I suspect that Microsoft SQL Server 2017 LocalDB thinks the Blue Prism instance and database is still there, but you have removed them from the file system.

It would be good for the community if you let us know how you get on.  This will help the next person who sees this error.

Chris Strong
Product Manager
Blue Prism